Using Naviance to Apply to College
2. Sign in with your username and password.
3. Click on the “Colleges” tab
4. Under “My Colleges”, click on the “Colleges I’m Applying To” link.
a. If this is your first time visiting the site, you will have to complete the “Important Privacy Notice for Common Applications” in the shaded box.
i. If you agree to waive your right to view your admissions materials (e.g. letters of recommendation), click on “Yes”
ii. If you do not agree to waive your access for Common Applications, click on “No.” (This will NOT affect the admission decision)
iii. Click on the box that allows your transcript to be sent
iv. Click Submit
1. Information for the Common Application can be completed at a later time.
5. On the “Colleges I’m Applying To” page, click on the “Request Transcripts” link on the upper left side
a. Click the “Lookup” link on the right side to choose the school you would like for your transcripts to be sent
i. You can either type in the name of the school or choose your school from the alphabetical list.
ii. **MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT CAMPUS**
b. Once you have entered in the schools that should receive transcripts, click on the “Request Transcripts” button at the bottom of the page.
6. Click on the “Colleges I’m Applying To” link on the left side of the page.
7. Look under the “Submissions” column
a. If you see a blue computer icon, this means the school accepts electronic submissions
b. If you see a blue computer icon and “CA”, this means the school accepts common applications
c. If you see a red stamp icon, this means the school requires an envelope to be mailed. You may purchase the admission envelope from the Guidance Office for $3. You are responsible for putting the school’s address on the envelope, but you are not required to add postage
d. Penn State schools require electronic submissions
8. Click on “Add/Cancel Requests” link under Teacher Recommendations
a. Select a teacher in the drop down box. If you choose to, you may include a personal message to the selected teacher.
9. You must fill out a pink sheet located in the Guidance Office for EVERY college you apply to.
* If at any time you need to request additional transcripts or teacher recommendations follow the steps above. *
**If you have forgotten your username and/or password, please see your Guidance Counselor**