October 2, 2009
During the 2009-2010 school year we will be expanding the use of our computerized math supplement, Odyssey, (Compass Learning), to include a home component. We are very pleased to offer the opportunity for your child and you to use/view the program at home as this was a request from many parents last year.
In order for us to continue to realize the maximum potential of the program during the school day, we are asking that you honor the following home use guidelines:
We look forward to our continued work with the Odyssey program this year. Please realize that we, as a district, are still investigating the total potential of the program as we move into our second year of its use. If you have any questions about the program as the year progresses, please feel free to contact Mr. Piasecki or Mrs. Iocco with general questions or your child’s math teacher with questions of a specific nature.
Susan R. Iocco Steven M. Piasecki
Supervisor of Standards and Assessment Principal, BSES
610-579-7304 610-579- 3000
Odyssey Parent Tips:
When accessing the Odyssey math software program from home, please use this process:
1. Go to www.compasslearningodyssey.com
2. Before you even try to log into the program there is a selection on the odyssey home page that says "System Requirements". Families should click on this FIRST and make sure that they have all the requirements. Odyssey uses many different add-ons and if the computer doesn't have them it will cause problems. The Odyssey system requirements page goes out and checks the computer and tells the user what they are missing and what is OK and then provides them with the link to download.
3. Have your child log in with the same user name that he/she uses in school. In most cases this would be his/her First name with the first letter capitalized, no space, Last name, with first letter capitalized. An example for a student named Mary Odyssey would be: MaryOdyssey.
4. Use your child's school ID as the password. (numbers with no spaces.)
5. Use the following for School: